A great opportunity has arisen to work for a family-owned, independent business, based south Northampton, as a Payroll Executive.
If you’ve got what it takes to be a vital part of a busy, professional and high-performing team, then we would love to hear from you.
The Payroll Executive is a sole payroll position working as part of the Accounts team.
Your role will be to prepare, calculate and make payments to around 350 employees, produce payroll reports and maintain the payroll systems.
• Ensuring the weekly data from the Planday time and attendance system is available to download by the set deadline each week.
• Liaise with HR to receive and input new starters, leavers, changes to contracts or personal information onto the Sage 50 payroll system.
• Prepare, calculate and make payment of the monthly payroll.
• Upload pension contributions to pension provider.
• Produce payroll reports for the Financial Controller.
• Produce month end and year end returns.
• Reconcile control accounts for payroll, pensions and HMRC.
• Assisting employees with queries or questions relating to payroll or benefits.
• Recording and updating monthly benefits to produce P11d’s.
• Liaise with HMRC and third parties regarding payroll deductions.
• To maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data and updating payroll records.
• To assist the Financial Controller in compilation of all reports, ensuring they are completed on time and accurately.
• To ensure the accuracy of accounts and financial information provided by other departments within the hotel is processed correctly.
• To assist with other aspects of the Accounts office as and when required, which may include Sales Ledger, Banking, Control Account Reconciliations and analysis of revenue and costs.
• Experience of Sage 50 Payroll would be an advantage
• CIPP qualification or qualified by experience
• Excellent Excel knowledge and skills
• Maintain working knowledge and understanding of current statutory regulations and UK tax regulations
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Prioritise workload efficiently and work to strict deadlines
• Ability to work on your own and as part of the team.
• Strong understanding of the workings of an office.
• Basic understanding of accountancy and book-keeping.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – to deal with customers and external contacts.
• Good organisational skills and ability to work in line with departmental/company policies and procedures.
Salary: £28,000 per year depending on experience
– Free Leisure membership
– Healthcare Cashback
– Employee awards
– Enhanced Pension Contributions
– 4x Salary death in service policy
– Staff Canteen with free staff meals
– Staff Discounts including food, leisure, hotel stays, virgin experience days, new cars