FRS are excited to be recruiting an excellent Project Accountant vacancy for a good client of ours based in Alcester.
The business, are a well established and ever growing manufacturing business and pride themselves on their global footprint, and they are a true market leader in their sector.
Reporting into the Managing Director and working directly alongside a Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for taking control of the project finance function and working alongside senior staff members.
Alongside a competitive salary, my client is prepared to offer study support and fantastic career opportunities with long term prospects.
– Control the project cashflows by understanding the project commitments and future resource requirements, and approving commitment of these resources
– Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction and margin-improvement opportunities
– Provide input into project costing and pricing for the purposes of tendering and contract negotiation
– Maintain in-depth relations with members of the project management team
– Mentor and support internal customers
Management Accounting and Financial Reporting
– Preparation and presentation of Project cashflows, Project Performance Reports and Revenue Recognition
– Management of the company budgeting process
– Analysis of Work-In-Progress and reporting of revenue recognition
– General ledger adjustments for projects, such as project accruals
– Management of debtor ledgers
– Support the project managers with the cost trackers
Cashflow and Treasury
– Gain an in depth understanding of the on-going projects in order to plan cash flow accordingly
– Manage, produce and monitor project cashflow forecasts
– Liaise with overseas funding partners and company bankers as required
– Understand export letters of credit and manage presentations to be made under letters of credit
– Manage advance payment guarantees, performance bonds and warranty guarantees
– Gain a thorough understanding of the company pre and post shipment finance arrangements and their variations
– Manage export documentation
Systems / Processes
– Maintain data integrity in the accounting software / data
– Gain a thorough understanding of the company database, SMS
– Follow company processes and procedures and contribute to the continuous improvement of the same
– Follow the company quality procedures
– Develop financial controls to ensure compliance and to improve the quality and timeliness of information
– Take an active interest in the development and progress of all enquiries, sales and projects, in order to provide effective commercial support to the business