An excellent role has arisen to join a small, friendly finance team to undertake all aspects of the purchase ledger, including posting invoices, assisting with payments, reconciling statements and ad hoc queries.
The successful applicant will have good previous purchase ledger experience and system skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail.
Based: In Kettering
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Processing of invoices and credit notes on a daily basis.
• Assisting with the payment runs.
• Processing weekly expenses.
• Setting up new suppliers on the system and ensuring compliance checks are completed.
• Assisting with purchase ledger related queries.
• Managing the end to end purchase ledger processes.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external contacts.
• Inputting, coding and gaining the relevant authorisation for all Invoices.
• Raising ad hoc payments.
• Performing statement reconciliations.
• Process Improvement Implementation.
• Management of the archiving of documents and paperwork.
• Check and process high volumes of purchase invoices.
• Matching invoices with purchase orders.
• Posting purchase ledger / nominal payments.
• Processing recharge sales invoices on a monthly basis.
• Maintaining the cashbook on a daily basis – Euro, Sterling and USD.
• Allocation of cash payments on the purchase ledger.
• Processing Multi-Freight invoices onto the system.
• Previous purchase ledger experience, preferably within a multi-site organisation.
• High level of accuracy and excellent numeracy skills.
• Good communication skills to deal with questions from suppliers, depots and other team members.
• A flexible and proactive approach, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Sage preferable, but not essential as training will be given.
• Proactive, able to work on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
• Enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
• A confident and professional telephone manner.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.