My client based in LE10, a leading manufacture within the building service industry, is currently looking for a Purchase Ledger Assistant.
The job is a part time, permanent position for 20 hours per week (either spread over 4 or 5 days), with a salary of £20,500 gross to be pro-rata.
As the Financial Assistant, your role is to ensure all financial records are updated regularly and accurately in a timely manner to meet set deadlines. All system and best practice guidelines must be adhered to at a high standard.
Reporting to the Finance Controller.
• Purchase Ledger Processing
o Match purchase invoices to delivery notes / purchase orders
o Once authorised and matched, post invoices onto internal system
o Dealing with foreign currency invoices and payments
o Post supplier payments to relevant accounts and allocate against invoices
o Reconcile supplier statements for payment authorisation, and highlight purchase ledger discrepancies and find solutions
o Flag up payments that are required and inform financial controller
o Chase up credit notes on disputed items
o Ensure cost prices are correct on invoices and on stock valuation
o Processing bank payment runs
• Additional Tasks relevant to the Finance Department
o Deal with any ad hoc financial issues
o Take telephone calls from suppliers and customers as necessary
o Participate in quarterly stock takes
Key skills / attributes:
• Excellent communication skills and strong team player
• Honest, trustworthy and loyal
• Financial knowledge, Excel skills and basic accounting qualifications
• Bookkeeping knowledge and experience
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Organised and self-disciplined