My client is a leading business based in Peterborough.
Due to expansion, they are looking for an experienced Purchase / Accounts Assistant to join the business on a full time, permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting background within the construction trade, with strong Excel skills and knowledge of Sage 50.
• Ensure all purchase invoices are coded and authorised
• Process purchase invoices on to Ledger
• Allocate payments to supplier accounts
• Reconcile supplier statements to purchase ledger
• Filing and administration of the above
• Post month end and general ad hoc journals as needed
• Cash book reconciliations
• Responsible for balancing and maintaining of petty cash
• Organise foreign payments and reconciliation of foreign bank accounts
• Month end reconciliations
• Previous Purchase Ledger experience and general accounts duties
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent communication skills and calm telephone manner
• Administration experience