An excellent vacancy has arisen to oversee and be responsible for a small Purchase Ledger Team, based in Northampton.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional with a flexible approach and broad finance experience, to assist with sales ledger and credit control as well.
Key to the role is the ability to streamline and update manual processes via the use of technology.
● Oversee all activities on the Purchase Ledger, with responsibility for a small team.
● Prepare payment runs, ensuring they are authorised on time within defined controls.
● Post company credit card expenditure to the ledger.
● Completion of bank reconciliations.
● Input and coding of expense invoices, ensuring appropriate authorisation is in place.
● Managing the reconciliation of takings between POS systems and cash received.
● Recruit and develop the team to maximise talent, achieve the department’s business objectives and build a flexible, motivated resource.
● Work to identify and implement improved processes and controls, to ensure timely and efficient transactions.
● Consider the customer (both internal and external) in daily activities.
● Carry out other duties which fall within reasonable expectations of the role.
● To adhere to Health and Safety standards according to the company policy for both customers, colleagues and yourself.
● To work within other areas of the Group of Companies from time to time, when and if necessary.
● To assist the Head of Finance with general accounting duties as required.
Skills / Qualifications Required:
• Previous experience in a similar finance role
• Good standard of education
• A professional accounting qualification is an advantage (AAT)
• Strong communication skills and leadership
• Adaptable and flexible approach
• Strong system skills and the ability to improve manual processes