My client is looking for a Purchase Ledger Payments Team leader to join their team.
The ideal candidate will be taking responsibility for the purchase ledger team, and reporting into the Financial Controller.
Your main duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Assist management in developing and utilising digital technology more effectively in the department.
· Lead the team to ensure all work required is completed on time and accurately.
· Organising the allocation of workload to ensure that work is allocated fairly, clearly understood as to what is required to be achieved with timescales, and ensure that each member of the team maintains a broad range of knowledge within the accounts department.
· Co-ordinate activities within the accounts payable team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly and quarterly financial reports and results.
· Ensure all invoices are registered on receipt, and ensure that all invoices have the appropriate ledger code.
· Oversee the reconciliation of all supplier statements, and that appropriate actions are taken to ensure the ledger represents a true and fair position in relation to each ledger.
· Manage the accurate payment of suppliers for goods and services, in line with agreed terms.
· Raise cheques for the business.
· Highlight new or changing risks within the supplier base.
· Effectively resolve any payment queries.
· Ensure all relevant records are archived in line with agreed standards.
· Process expense invoices for approval through the relevant managers and Finance Director.
· Process incoming and outgoing mail and franking process.
· Monitor un-allocated credits on the ledger, ensuring that debit notes are chased and any un-allocated cash is resolved.
· People management of your team including but not limited to, sickness, holidays, reviews etc.
· To escalate issues to the Financial Controller and Finance Director in a timely manner.
· Maintain good relationships with suppliers.
The candidate will need to:
· Have previous experience in a Team Leader / Supervisor role
· Have the ability to maintain flexibility, and a positive attitude in a fast paced and demanding environment
· Have Purchase Ledger experience
· Intermediate level with IT packages such as Excel
· Be self-motivated, organised, hardworking and able to work autonomously
· Have excellent administrative skills
· Be polite and courteous
· Have excellent communication skills