My client is a well regarded and rapidly expanding business in the supply of products to a wide range of clients in Pharmaceutical, Scientific, Biotech, Food and Academic (Schools and Uni’s).
Due to continued growth and sustained strong results during COVID 19, they have engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of an experienced Sales Professional to join the business, looking after the Midlands Region.
My client is ideally located within Leicestershire, therefore easily commutable to the head office from across the Midlands, however the nature of the role post COVID 19 is Home / Field Based, adjustments due to the recent pandemic mean that Telephone and Video Calls are being utilised more frequently.
The Regional Sales Manager maintains effective commercial relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
The successful candidate will develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for relevant products, as defined by the portfolio management team, in a specified region to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
• Partner with all sales teams (field-based and inside), within the allocated region to drive the product related sales activities with our customers.
• Work closely with fellow sales team members and promote the sales of the relevant products through joint workdays, and training seminars focused on the specific subset of products.
• Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the product group being managed, including competitor activity.
• Establish relationships with key suppliers and facilitate the collaboration with the account managers (field and inside), when required.
• Identify and satisfy customer requirements and meet the needs of valued business opportunities, related to the relevant products.
• Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of the business and its 8,000 products specific to your market segment. Using this knowledge, effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organization by building and maintaining an effective network of connections.
• Use communication and influencing skills to effectively utilize internal resources and maximize selling time.
• Work to drive product sales to support supplier partnerships, and actively promote core products and value added services.
• Identify and satisfy customer requirements, and meet the needs of valued business opportunities.
• Provide feedback using verbal and written reporting tools to the business on customers, competitor activity, promotions etc., to agreed timescales and in agreed format as directed by your Manager.
• Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to personal expenses and mileage capture for company car drivers. Ensure detail is accurate, provided in accordance with company procedures and on time.
• Establish relationships with key suppliers, and negotiate improved terms as and when possible to increase profitability to the company.
• Review, maintain and manage compliance to key performance indicators. To include, but not limited to, sales performance, call planning, call rate and opportunity management and follow up.
• Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the region managed, including competitor activity.
• Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of a sales force automation solution and expenses.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Sales Professional with prior exposure gained working within the Scientific / Pharmaceutical Supplies market, however those that have worked within other areas of sales and may have a degree (or equivalent) in Science, biology, chemistry would be considered.
Whilst this is a field based position covering the midlands region, due to COVID 19 restrictions, candidates need to be comfortable generating sales and building strong business relationships via, Email, Telephone and Video Calls, and as such Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills are key.
Some local travel across the Midlands area will be required, and as such a full drivers license is essential.
In return, my client can offer an exciting and progressive opportunity where you will inherit one of the company’s strongest performing regions.
A competitive basic salary coupled with company car, excellent benefits and bonus bring a realistic 1st year OTE of £60,000.