My client is a fast growing accountancy practice based in LE15, they use the latest cloud accounting applications to provide a range of accounting and commercial services to a wide range of clients throughout the UK.
All of our clients are on Xero accounting software, and we work with a number of different industries.
Part-time / Full time General Accounts Assistant (minimum hours to be 20 hours per week)
Salary up to £25,000 Full Time
Purpose of role:
To be an integral part of our small team, to manage the bookkeeping role and relationship with your appointed clients.
• Tracking financial transactions for a number of different clients, ensuring postings are accurate and entries can be explained.
• Reconciliation of bank and credit card transactions.
• Assist in the preparation of VAT returns.
• Assist with other bookkeeping duties.
• Develop working relationships with clients.
• Use excellent written and oral communication.
• General administration tasks.
• Develop an understanding of the Company’s methods and standards of work required.
• Become familiar with the Company’s administrative and office procedures.
• Become familiar with relevant software used by the Company, incl. Xero and Receipt Bank.
• Take on additional projects / responsibilities as directed.
• Fulfil measures of effectiveness and meet competencies set for role.
• The Company reserves the right to require you to perform other duties outside your normal work duties, as the Company may reasonably require.
Key skills and experience required:
• AAT qualified or part qualified – candidates with relevant experience are also encouraged to apply
• Good communication skills
• Basic bookkeeping and /or accounting
• Keen to learn
• Proficient IT skills and have a passion for technology
• Team player
• Problem solving
• Attention to detail and ability to recognise inconsistencies
• Experience of working to strict deadlines
Experience of Xero is a must for this role.