My client is a leading PLC business operating within the Construction Industry.
Due to internal movements, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the appointment of a Senior Finance Manager to join the business in the West Midlands area.
Due to the nature of the industry this is a great opportunity offering broad exposure across both commercial and operational finance.
Reporting into the Regional Finance Director and working closely with wider SLT and MD duties include
• Business Partnering with departmental leader to prepare a five-year forecast for the division.
• Commercial meetings with business heads to advise and analyse projects to prepare and present a rolling two-year profit & loss and cashflow forecast.
• Forward land bank profit projection, looking at viabilities, sales and margin analysis and providing key KPI’s to manage current and future projects.
• Liaising with commercial to ensure an accurate risk profile is managed within current projects.
• Involved in weekly sales meetings, ensure sales and completions are being met. Looking at price variances and discounts. If possible, applying sales increases given market and site statistics.
• Business partnering the other department, highlighting and monitoring risks.
• Manage and consolidated the monthly management accounts with commentary on variances on half and full year results.
• Review of accounts to forecast & budget
• Ensure sub ledgers are managed, controlled and closed correctly for month end process
• Full reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet
• Full reconciliation of financial systems, Coins, Anaplan and Onestream
• Review and approve the divisional payroll
• Production of the monthly and yearly board report
• Update group with cash forecasts and advise of any significant cash movements
• Deputise for FD
• Line Manager for four staff within the finance team
The ideal candidate will be qualified in ACA / ACCA / CIMA with at least 2-5 Years PQE gained within a similar position and a desire to work within a varied role as part of a dynamic and fast paced PLC business.
Those working within a Big 4 / Top 10 Practice seeking a move into industry will be considered.
Previous experience of leading, developing and mentoring of staff is desirable but not essential as long as leadership qualitied can be demonstrated,
This position also involved a high level of stakeholder engagement and therefore excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
In return a basic salary of upto £65,000 Car Allowance and Bonus awaits giving a OTE of £80,000 along with excellent benefits, pension and opportunity for hybrid working 2 days per week