FRS are recruiting a Financial Controller for a business based in Bodmin.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be managing one person within the accounts department and be a part of the business Senior Leadership Team.
Responsible for managing and developing the finance team, reporting and understanding accurate accounts, and working closely with the operations and commercial teams to influence and drive a profitable business aligned with the businesses values and strategy.
Duties will include:
– Manage and develop the onsite finance team
– Own all aspects of site financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders, to a high standard and within the required timeframe
– Ensure accurate production of weekly and monthly P&Ls, with commentary and insights
– Complete variance analysis of site operational and commercial performance against benchmarks, including budget and prior periods, with understanding of key drivers
– Ownership of the site’s balance sheet, including completing monthly reconciliations and ensuring the safeguarding of the company’s assets
– Work with the central audit teams to ensure compliance with, and integrity of, internal finance controls
– Complete, submit, understand and act upon daily and weekly KPIs for the site
– Support and challenge spend control on site including yield, labour and overheads
– Lead the site team in completing periodic budget and forecast reports, with clear assumptions and ambitious targets
– Work with key stakeholders from across the site, ensuring they understand the financial information and how they can influence profitability
– Understand, and where possible improve, system usage including Arolink and SAP
– Accountable for the site costings for both standard costing and tenders / new product development
– Seek out and address opportunities for improvement across the site, including health and safety improvements, technical improvements, cost reductions or margin enhancements
– Lead and ensure site procedures are SOx compliant, including completing and embedding required SOx controls