My client is a well-regarded Global Manufacturing business, with a site turnover in excess of £15m and group revenue this year in excess of £500m.
Due to continued development, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the team as Site (Finance) Controller to be based at their premises, ideally situated in South Leicestershire and easily commutable from Northamptonshire and Warwickshire.
Reporting into the Group Finance Director based in London, this role will take full responsibility for the management of the site finance function, to include all reporting, process and activity controls plus driving improvement across the business.
• Responsible for the entirety of the financial performance and execution of all financial operations for the assigned business unit
• Drive strong partnership with the business unit manager and leadership support team, to execute all end to end processes and support all business initiatives
• Plan and implement system and processes to improve growth of the business unit and company
• Coordinate with business unit manager to execute, forecast and plan for assigned business unit
• Accountable for the preparation and forecast of the annual budget, capital expenditure, operating costs and program allocations for assigned business unit
• Manage finance team of site controllers and analysts (approximately 5 staff)
• Implement changes to improve processes and procedures
• Drive improvement to cash control and reducing of debtor days
• Accountable for the integrity of all financial statements and have proper internal controls in place
• Provide high level analysis of all financial and applicable market data to support goals of business unit
• Accountable for all audit process internally and externally to ensure controls are working as required
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA) with previous PQE, and ideally some previous experience gained within manufacturing.
This is a lead finance role for the local business unit, a candidate that can take ownership of the site finance function, leading a small team whilst working closely with the managing director and driving continual improvement is key.
In return, a competitive basic salary of £50,000 – £60,000 and excellent benefits and long term scope for development within the group can be offered.