FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Group Systems Accountant / Finance Systems Manager, for one of our major East Midlands based clients.
This is a key role to the business, and will focus on driving continuous improvement within the Group”s finance systems and processes.
This position is very much an outward facing role, liaising directly with both IT and FDs, and their teams across the Group.
• Development of ERP Finance Systems, to deliver best practice accounting systems and processes across the Group
• Work with the FD / FCs and support partners, to articulate and deliver the Finance systems 3-year strategic roadmap
• Financial systems lead on systems improvement projects, such as systems re-implementations, stock and Invoice
• Embed a process of continuous improvement of finance systems
• Working with the Group management team and the business FD / FCs, to deliver financial systems implementations for all new business integrations
• Working with and developing business intelligence software, to deliver solutions for the Finance Teams
• Be the main point of contact for managing relationships with third party support partners for Finance systems
• Troubleshooting and fixing finance related system issues
• Critical risk and issue escalations
• Reviewing systems performance and identifying system issues
• Scheduling training and supporting finance team members in the use of financial systems and procedures
• Support the development of P2P solutions, ensuring integration with the finance systems
• Steering Group representation (as needed) for the Finance systems
• Lead data management owner for financial data, coordinating with the FD / FCs across the Group
• Designing and implementing internal system controls (preventative and detective) to provide quality assurance over financial data
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant, but of a systems bias and can demonstrate prior experience in the support, migration, implementation of ERP / Finance Systems.
You will have a passion for improvement, and play a key role in the delivery of improved Process and Systems for the Group.
This position is outward facing, therefore candidates need to be comfortable in stakeholder engagement, as this vacancy has touch points across Group Services, Finance and IT.
Needless to say, that excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to translate key Financial or IT information.
This is also a highly analytical position, therefore good MS Excel, BI Tools knowledge is required.
In return, my client can offer a highly challenging and progressive opportunity, with candidates joining the business at a period of growth (both organic and M&A).
A highly competitive basic salary and excellent benefits package await the successful candidate.