My client, a leading professional within the business service sector, is recruiting for a Tax Consultant IR35 specialist, due to expansion within the organisation.
With a location of North Leicestershire, easily commutable from the East Midlands.
The tax department help clients through thought leadership, planning, tax compliance and ongoing consultancy. They work with organisations and individuals to structure operations and contracts in a compliant and pragmatic manner, this includes helping clients to comply effectively with tax laws and taking into account the prospect of change.
This department specialism is in the flexible labour market, with expertise in the IR35 and Off-Payroll rules and general employment status. With numerous recent and future developments in legislation and market trends, the Tax Consultant will play a pivotal role in assisting both its clients in adapting to these changes.
Working as part of the tax and status team, you will deliver high quality tax services across a range of products in addition to general advisory to the client portfolio of contractors, recruitment agencies and hiring firms.
Client engagement and development is integral to this role, keeping clients abreast of legislative developments via our engagement channels, with a specific focus on maximising commercial opportunities.
– Providing advice and consultancy to companies, recruitment agencies and contractors on IR35 and the Off-Payroll rules
– Providing advice to clients on the telephone, in writing, via email, and face to face when required
– Developing networks and relationships with key clients through ongoing and proactive advice
– Identifying and capitalising on business development opportunities, in order to grow the consultancy client base and provide additional consultancy services
– Cross sell extended services to clients
– Responsibility for quality of client service
– Assisting in developing and adding to suite of services for clients
– Overseeing and directly handling HMRC tax enquiries into individuals, partnerships, and companies including, but not limited to:
– IR35 and the Off-Payroll rules
– Employment status
– Code of Practice 9 enquiries, including the Contractual Disclosure Facility
– Code of Practice 8 enquiries, not involving serious fraud
– Disguised remuneration enquiries
– Voluntary disclosures
– Writing articles and case studies, providing comment, copy and other output as part of the company’s wider PR strategy
– Providing ongoing support, mentoring, and training to other internal departments
– Assisting, supporting, and developing staff in the Tax and Contract Review departments
– Providing training to clients via webinars, and in person where required
– Maintaining a strong working knowledge in respect of all areas of tax, including keeping up to date with the appropriate legislation and developments in law
– To contribute to the growth of the consultancy client base, and thereby contribute to the overall growth of the business
– Although direction is provided in this role, the successful candidate must also be able to work without instruction and oversight on occasion
The role operates in a fast-paced environment. The tax team consists of the Head of Tax, a tax manager, the Contracts Team Manager and 10 contract reviewers but also works in conjunction / alongside the other office teams.
Skills and Experience Specification:
– A solid grounding in general tax from working in practice, industry or HMRC
– Commercial mindset, with the ability to identify and fulfil opportunities
– Work both independently and with minimal supervision, as part of a team to support, help and advise colleagues and clients
– Attention to detail
– Good communication skills both written and oral
– Organisational skills
– The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Experience / knowledge of IR35, The Off-Payroll rules and employment status
– Understanding of and the experience and ability to handle HMRC tax enquiries, including Code of Practice 8 and 9, gained from working in practice, industry or HMRC
– A recognised professional tax qualification, or the equivalent gained by experience
– Knowledge of HMRC’s ADR and Tribunal process