My client is a leading International Manufacturing business, ideally situated within Leicestershire and currently experiencing a period of significant change and improvement.
Due to the above they have now engaged FRS executive recruitment team to assist with the recruitment of a Technical Director.
Reporting to the General Manager (with a dotted line to Division and Corporate).
The candidate will have previous experience in a management position, including Operations Management experience, coupled with experience working closely with Customers, Engineering and Quality – evaluating their needs and their performance scores.
A degree or MBA (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or Business is also required.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
– Assess product portfolio to understand the methods for manufacturing.
– To evaluate the existing manufacturing processes, procedures, engineering specs and workflows, to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance targets.
– Encourage a positive work environment and behaviour towards all employees.
– Ensure accreditation and all processes remain compliant with accreditation bodies and governmental regulations.
– Ensure the company complies with SOX rules.
– Reports to the General Manager with a dotted line to Corporate Engineering and Quality.
– Create and present performance reports to the General Manager, Operations Director and Financial Director.
– Make sure the company complies with SOX rules.
– Keep close contact with Customers – Engineering and Quality – evaluating their needs and scores.
– Periodically evaluate product portfolio information to understand methods for manufacturing.
– Develop standardized design criteria across all product lines.
– Develop new solutions to existing manufacturing problems.
– Track inventory for manufacturing batches subjected to internal Material Review Report – Non Conformances as well as those related to Customer Complaints.
– Overseeing day-to-day activities in the facility.
– Follow safety programs and ensure compliance with all safety policies and standards.
– Monitor staff employees activities, provide guidance and training where needed.
– Keep track of staffing requirements and hire new talent as needed, to correspond with specific duties and skill sets.
– Support reviews of customer orders to establish suitable process parameters, to ensure product compliance with internal and external requirements.
– Participate in internal audits, support the Management Review process, and participate as a central figure in the corrective action process to support organizational improvement goals.
– Employ and train others in effective problem-solving approaches to ensure the root cause(s) of issues are discovered, resolved and verified to be eliminated.
– Complete other duties as assigned.
– Must understand and follow requirements of SXP, QMS and EHS system.
– Encourage a positive work environment and behaviour for all employees.
In return, a highly competitive basic salary coupled with excellent benefits package and career development await.