My client is an international multibillion pound turnover, highly acquisitive group of companies specializing in the manufacture, sales and distribution of medical supplies to both the NHS and other healthcare providers.
This position will offer a mix of both office and home based working during the COVID pandemic, with their UK offices being situated near both the M1 and M42, therefore easily commutable from across both East and West Midlands.
Due to forthcoming maternity, FRS have been engaged on an exclusive basis to assist with the appointment of a Financial Accounting Manager for the UK and Ireland business, on a 12 month FTC basis (highly likely for extension or conversion to permanent).
Reporting into the International Accounting Manager based in Europe, the main purpose of this position is to be responsible for ensuring accounting obligations in accordance with applicable rules and laws are met and in accordance with the company”s policies, best practices and requirements.
The position of Accounting Manager covers multiple legal entities in EMEA.
• Prepares monthly balance sheet and income statements
• Responsible for account reconciliations
• At Month / Quarter and Year End, follow company policy to ensure correct accounting information is filed in a timely manner and of high quality
• Responsible for preparing the annual report containing the administration report, income statement, balance sheet and notes
• Review Accruals, prepaids, deferments etc. in line with traditional month end activities of Accounting
• Responsible for the preparation of income tax returns and submission to the relevant Government Tax Agency
• Responsible for ensuring all external legal and statutory obligations are met on behalf of the Directors – Examples such as Intrastat, VAT, Government mandated statistics, Income tax and other
• Supports accounts receivable when needed
• Supports accounts payable if necessary
• Coaching and training juniors or other indirect reports when requested, to share best practice across Europe
• Is a key business partner to the Management teams and FP&A lead providing actionable insight and advice to drive value
• Is the contact person for authorities or other external parties, such as auditors, banks
• Manages and supports in a variety of continuous improvement initiatives
• Operates in accordance with the compliance program and company policies, and enforces and educates others on this where needed
• Oversee Year end inventory and asset counts, and management of adjustments
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualification if not already qualified, and have the benefit of previous experience in accounting work, preferably in international groups and manufacturing companies.
Whilst initially being recruited on a maternity cover FTC basis, this is far from just a babysitting role and candidates will be required to continue to challenge and drive improvement to processes, controls and systems.
This role will be offered on a 12 month fixed term contract basis with a competitive basic salary of up to £50,000 coupled with excellent benefits, bonus and study support for those still studying (rare for a FTC position).
FRS have a strong history of successful placements with this business, including a number that have been recruited on a FTC basis and still remain with the business 5-10 years after.
Extensive scope for career development both in the UK and Internationally can be given.