My client is a global leader within the manufacturing industry, providing unique products and healthcare technology to the NHS.
They have an international presence employing over 1,000, with a European parent company and group turnover in excess of £300m, with the UK business being a SME feel and a turnover of £5m.
Due to the retirement of a long serving member of staff (10 years), FRS have been engaged on an exclusive basis to deliver the recruitment of a UK Finance Manager for their Divisional UK business based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, easily accessible from across the East and West Midlands.
Reporting into the UK General Manager, this is a wide-ranging role covering a variety of different areas of the business, as is typical in small organisations, so would suit a proactive, dynamic individual who would be willing to get involved in many areas of a small organisation.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts for parent company.
• Preparation of annual financial accounts, co-ordination of annual audit and filing.
• Accounting records maintenance, including general ledger management, journal posting and production of supporting schedules, balance sheet reconciliations.
• Responsibility for all HMRC filing.
• Preparation of payroll information to submit to external payroll company.
• Managing 3 direct reports – within a variety of roles within the business – Finance, HR, Admin.
• Monitoring and maintaining company stock records, including reviews of pricing.
• Managing the SOP, POP processes within the business – assisting the users with queries, problems and ensuring smooth operation of the background processes.
• Super user for the company ERP system (Dynamics Navision).
• Ensuring the smooth running of the office, including facilities, telephones, IT etc.
• Also responsible for data protection and administration of internal HR files – actual HR is provided externally.
My client is open minded about formal qualification, with more emphasis being put on relevant experience and cultural fit.
Prior experience gained working as a Company Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller is key, and ideally those that have previous experience leading a small finance team.
This is a number 1 Finance position with little support from group, therefore applicants need to be confident in their own abilities to deliver all finance tasks and report.
A good level of IT Literacy is key, to include MS Excel to Pivot and Look Up Level, Experience of an ERP Systems such as Navision, Dynamics Nav, Great Plains SAP, Oracle etc. is a major advantage.
Being a division business, this client can offer the security of a corporate with the autonomy of a SME, therefore a hands-on approach and willingness to roll up your sleeves is essential.
In return, this position is being offered on a full time permanent basis with a salary range of £35,000 to £50,000 DOE.
Excellent benefits, a great working environment and a highly autonomous role await.