My client is a well established and rapidly expanding business within the manufacturing and distribution of specialist products, to a diverse range of clients across the UK.
With a 50% Growth plan over the next 5 years, they now have a vacancy for a talented Management Accountant to join their UK Head Office based near Lichfield.
This is a key role to the business, producing management information to assist the UK divisional managers and directors, to make informed decisions.
To provide timely and accurate management information to allow the Board of Directors and other managers to make business decisions. To ensure the division adheres to financial controls which ensure the financial protection of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Production of Management Accounts and Information
• To produce key reports within the management account accurately and to strict deadlines (The specific reports that are the responsibility of the Management Accountant will change over time and be specifically allocated)
• To provide appropriate commentary, analysis and financial advice in relation to the performance of the UK Division
• Prepare and present information at divisional team meetings
• Monitor costs and budgets and inform relevant managers and group accountant, where spend is not as expected
Budgeting, Re-forecast and Investment Return
• Responsible for collating the annual budgets by liaising with relevant divisional managers. This will include detailed sales budgets, costs and capital spend
• Update forecast financials based on new information
• Prepare justifications for project spend, unbudgeted spend and capital items
• Lead stock control at franchise, including leading stock takes and reporting on variances
• Responsibility for monitoring debtors relevant to the division, and working with the credit control function and sales teams to ensure queries are resolved and debt is kept to a minimum
• Complete and review balance sheet control accounts, in preparation for final review with the group accountant on a monthly basis
• Adhere to the improvement of financial systems and control within the company
• Ensure that all procedures are being followed in regard to authorising spend and purchases on behalf of the company (purchase orders, petty cash requests etc.)
• Prepare information for Audit and liaising with external auditors
Systems and procedures
• Responsibility for ensuring the departmental procedures are reviewed, updated and improved
• Recommend ways to reduce costs and increase profits
• Development and implementation of IT systems and processes
• Support team members in carrying out tasks relating to the division
• Train and advise team members
• Report to the group accountant where deadlines are not being met, or work not carried out to a satisfactory standard
• Assist in the recruitment of staff within the finance function
• Responsibility for ensuring timely and accurate submission of external reports (The specific reports that are the responsibility of the Management Accountant will change over time and be specifically allocated)
• Complete ad hoc projects as requested by the Finance Director and Financial Controller
The ideal candidate will be Qualified or Studying towards (CIMA, ACCA , ACA), with previous experience gained within Management Accounting.
Strong analytical skills to include Excel are essential, as is a confident and outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as this role does involve business partnering key stakeholders.
In return, my client is able to offer a challenging and varied role that offers great scope to truly impact the company’s continued success and expansion.
A competitive basic salary of £30,000 – £40,000 DOE, coupled with an excellent benefits package awaits.