Our client is a well-respected business operating within the Engineering, Construction and Service Sector
As a result of continued growth, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Finance Manager to join the business based in Alfreton and therefore accessible from across both Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Working closely with the Managing Director this individual will take a lead role for the company finances working across Financial / Management / Commercial Accounting for the business.
Leading a small Finance / Admin Team, this candidate will be the sole Qualified Accountant within the business taking ownership for.
• Working with MD and SLT to create annual budget
• Preparation of the monthly management accounts with commentary and analysis.
• Processing the profitability reports and forecasts
• Assist with the development of new KPI’s / MI / Dashboards to enable the business better commercial & financial insight.
• Being responsible for the Profit and Loss and Balance sheet
• CIS and Filing VAT returns with HMRC, Recurring Revenue reconciliation
• Supporting with the Implementation of a new ERP system and new ways of working
• Preparing the payroll to be outsourced
• Oversee the day to day management of PL / SL / CC, Cash, Banking, Payments and Expenses ETC
The ideal candidate will be working towards qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) if not already qualified and ideally have at least 5 years previous experience gained within a similar position.
Previous experience gained within Engineering / Construction biased industries with knowledge of CIS is desirable but not essential.
Equally those currently working within a accounting practice but seeking a first move into industry will be considered for this role.
• Ability to self-organise workload
• A can-do attitude to help with business needs such as day to day office management
• Strong communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• Clear communicator
In return this position promises to be both varied and challenging with excellent scope to have genuine impact in the companies ongoing success which could see this position evolve into a Finance Director Position.
A basic salary of £50,000 Benefits, Bonus and great working environment await.