Our client is a well respected and high growth Group operating within the Construction and Manufacturing Industries with their UK Offices ideally situated in West Leicestershire close to Jct 21 / M69 and therefore easily accessible from across the East and West Midlands area.
As a result of internal promotion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant to join the business on a full time, permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the Group Financial Controller and will have the determination and drive to work independently and as part of a team to ensure the companies month-end is closed on time, and accurate and timely management accounts produced.
Applicants will have experience posting accruals and prepayments, processing and paying purchase invoices, investigating variances in results to budget and providing commentary on this.
Producing accurate balance sheet reconciliations will also be key.
You will liaise and Business Partner closely with various individuals and departments, including the accounts assistants, credit control manager, finance manager, Group Financial Controller, CFO, operations departments, bill raisers, engineers and other group companies.
The role will be primarily dealing with the local business however scope to taking on duties across wider group companies can be offered.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensuring that all sales invoices have been raised, and matching them off accruals as and when they are posted
• Reconciling sales and purchase invoices between the billing and accounting systems
• Working with the accounts assistants to ensure the timely processing of purchase invoices and ensure accurate amounts are paid
• The preparation and posting of month end journals (accruals, prepayments, salary/PAYE etc)
• Performing accurate balance sheet reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
• Investigating reasons for variances to budget/prior months and taking actions to rectify these
• Identifying processes and controls that can be improved to increase the accuracy and efficiency of the month-end process and the business in general
• Assisting with preparation and submission of quarterly VAT Returns
• Liaising with HMRC as and when required
• Provide detailed and accurate schedules to external financial auditors
• Assisting with the accounting for past and future acquisitions as/when they are made
• Supporting the Group Financial Controller and Finance Manager with ad-hoc tasks as required
• Assisting the accounts assistants with the daily management of finance inbox, liaising with our customers/suppliers/team to resolve finance-related queries
• Providing cover for receiving, challenging and processing expense claims
• Providing cover for managing credit cards, obtaining receipts from employees, processing and filing
• Providing cover for processing car leases, working closely with the fleet manager to ensure that invoices are accurate and paid on time
• Providing cover for daily bank reconciliations
• Providing cover for the daily reconciliation of the billing to the accounting system.
The ideal candidate will have a interest in working towards ACCA / CIMA / AAT if not already qualified and ideally have at least 3 Years experience gained in a similar position.
This role offers excellent scope for career development with study support and on the job mentorship being given
• Are a self-starter, with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Are process driven, with excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, SUMIF, Vlookup)
• Take pride in your work and are a positive influence in an office environment
• Ideally, you will have a working knowledge of systems such as Sage, Xero or Quickbooks however this is no essential.
In return a competitive basic salary of up to £35,000 Excellent Benefits, Bonus and Study Support can be offered.